Realtor® / Broker, NC & SC
Born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio, Laina’s adventurous spirit lead her to live in several cities across the Midwest and Northeastern US. A lover of travel and cultural arts of all mediums, she delights in finding the very best in local restaurants, galleries, music and fashion. Her passion for architecture and home design, in particular, fueled her interest in pursuing real estate as a career. She combines that passion with a concierge-like attention to detail to provide top notch [...]
Born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio, Laina’s adventurous spirit lead her to live in several cities across the Midwest and Northeastern US. A lover of travel and cultural arts of all mediums, she delights in finding the very best in local restaurants, galleries, music and fashion. Her passion for architecture and home design, in particular, fueled her interest in pursuing real estate as a career. She combines that passion with a concierge-like attention to detail to provide top notch service to her clients.
Laina’s experience launching a wellness retail store in the world renowned Cleveland Clinic hospital, as well as her training in yoga and meditation make her an ideal companion on the sometimes stressful path to home buying and selling. She has the poise, local knowledge, and outstanding relationship skills to lead every transaction to success.
After 10 years living in Charlotte, Laina feels like a native. She understands the many concerns of moving to a new city and state after relocating for her husband’s job in 2011. Laina has been married to her husband Sal for over 20 years and has two teenage daughters ~ one in college and one at Myers Park High School. She enjoys contributing her time and energy as a board member at Gracious Hands Transitional Housing.
Gracious Hands provides room and board for homeless mothers and their children for up to 18 months. Program participants receive help with seeking and maintaining employment, childcare, psychological counseling, permanent housing assistance, financial counseling and credit repair. Please reach out to Laina if you would like to learn more or get involved with this impactful organization.
- I am a fierce advocate for my clients throughout each transaction. Staying one (or several) steps ahead of everyone ensures a smooth process and successful closing. Beyond the closing, my knowledge and local resources continue to be available to my clients as I strive to build life-long relationships.
ACHIEVEMENTS & DESIGNATIONS
- National Association of Realtors®
- North Carolina Association of Realtors®
- Canopy Realtor® Association
- 2017 Charlotte Observer Real Estate Rising Star
- Superior School of Real Estate
- SNS – Strategic Negotiating Specialist
- South Carolina Realtors Association
- 2021 Top Producer
- Cleveland State University, BA Psychology
- Miami University, BS Business
- Cleveland Clinic Wellness Store – Operations & Merchandise Manager
- Yoga & Meditation Teacher RYT-200, Reiki Practitioner
- Gracious Hands Transitional Housing, board member
- Elizabeth Community Association, social chair 2017-18
- Elizabeth Community Association Home & Garden Tour, event chair 2018
- Homeowners Impact Fund, Belief Partner
- Being part of this wise and well connected firm is one of the top values I provide my clients. Cottingham Chalk is the most experienced, kind and integrity-driven group of people.
- I love that Charlotte has a mix of people from across the globe, the exploding restaurant scene and the world-class arts.
- For a quick getaway, you can’t beat Charleston for the coast or Asheville if the mountains are calling you. We are spoiled being so close to both!
- Exploring the world (near and far) with my husband and two daughters is what I love to do with my free time. We love to connect with new cultures and people.
- My full name is Lelania ~ based on the 1968 song Lalena, by Scottish singer songwriter Donovan. My parents were and still are music buffs!
- Cottingham Chalk
- 6846 Carnegie Blvd.
- Charlotte, NC 28211
- Service Area:
I had a house to sell, and I tried to list the house myself as owner, and then listed it with a friend, and the offer price just kept being reduced. Finally, Laina came in, and in this situation, suggested updates that were needed for our somewhat dated and unique house. I told Laina 2 things: 1) show me how much I could sell it for with her suggested updates and that increase had to be twice the cost of the improvement work and 2) I wanted nothing to do with picking colors, fixtures, etc…she [...]
As a real estate broker from another state, I would say that I am pretty critical of agents in general butLaina is the best. She was professional in every way, calm during crises, on top of everything without having to ask. I’m sure you are proud to have her as an agent. I greatly appreciated her assistance.
Laina was fantastic! She staged our home to perfection and secured magazine-ready photos for the listing. Our house sold in one weekend, well-above asking price (and way above what anyone imagined we could get for it). She was an absolute delight to work with and we have already recommended her to friends, neighbors, and colleagues.
Laina was amazing!!! Not only was she very, very patient with me, she answered any questions that I came up with on a daily basis. She helped stage the house, and even helped clean when the photographer came. The pictures looked awesome and professional (no blurry iphone pictures) and they showed all parts of our house instead of just a couple areas like we've seen. Also, we were able to use resources to see feedback and traffic of views which was very helpful. Overall, Laina really looked [...]
Laina was exceedingly professional during the search, negotiation, and purchase of my condo in uptown Charlotte. Her timely communication enabled me to bid a successful offer on a competitive property with multiple offers. It is clear that she loves her work. She is highly personable and an expert guide. Laina went above and beyond her call, and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a real estate agent.
Lelania is extremely professional and exudes a sense of kindness and calmness that is not often seen. She truly listens to people and makes them feel that helping them fulfill their dreams is her number one priority.
Laina was the godsend that my husband and i needed when moving down to Charlotte. We are new to the area, and Laina was so wonderful and knowledgeable about showing us all the possible areas. When we finally found the perfect house (a new build), she walked us through the building process, found the best home inspector imaginable, and really helped us stay on top of every detail. She really goes the extra mile for her clients, and made us already feel at home in a foreign city. We couldn't [...]
Laina was extremely professional and always prepared when selling my house. She was always responsive to my questions and genuinely listened so that my objectives were met. She was a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend her for your real estate needs.
Laina was everything we could have hoped for in a realtor, and much, much more! It is a crazy time to be buyers, and she turned what easily could have easily been a stressful experience into a very pleasant one. Her intuition was always spot on -- her trustworthy instincts helped us make offers we were confident would be competitive, and her classy personal touch with listing agents ensured our best foot was always out front. In the end, we landed our dream home in Plaza Midwood on just our [...]
There are many average people in the world but Lelania is not one of them . She is truly an exceptional individual who has a dedicated commitment to satisfying the needs of her clients. This women is one of the most professional people I know and anyone who has the pleasure of interacting with Lelania will have a very, very pleasant experience.
Hi there! How can we help you?
Contact us using the form below or give us a call.
Hi there! How can we help you?
Contact us using the form below or give us a call.