Realtor® / Broker, NC & SC
I am a true North Carolina native! Aside from five wonderful years in Chicago filled with really great food and extremely cold winters, I’ve spent a majority of my life in North Carolina. I was born in Charlotte, grew up in Davidson, and graduated from Appalachian State in Boone. My husband and I now live in Cameron Wood with our beloved Rottweiler mix, Oliver, and we are so thrilled to settle down in the place I call [...]
I am a true North Carolina native! Aside from five wonderful years in Chicago filled with really great food and extremely cold winters, I’ve spent a majority of my life in North Carolina. I was born in Charlotte, grew up in Davidson, and graduated from Appalachian State in Boone. My husband and I now live in Cameron Wood with our beloved Rottweiler mix, Oliver, and we are so thrilled to settle down in the place I call home.
I began my professional career working at a Big Four public accounting firm in Chicago. My clients included public and non-public entities operating in the financial services industry and ranging in size from regional companies to Fortune 500 companies with international operations. A couple years after transferring to the Charlotte office to be closer to family, I decided to leave my corporate job to pursue my passion for real estate and I haven’t looked back. I love all things real estate – from hunting for the hidden gems to helping create a beautiful and functional interior space and all the “behind the scenes” action in between. I am grateful to have the opportunity to fulfill this passion in a city that I’ve watched transform over the past three decades.
Launching my real estate career at Cottingham Chalk was a no brainer. I am surrounded by the best agents in the city and have access to extensive resources, knowledge, and experience. My unique background working in public accounting has equipped me with the skills to negotiate complex transactions, solve problems using innovative strategies, effectively communicate with various stakeholders and guide my clients through uncertainty in a fast-paced environment. I understand the importance of adding value for my clients and what it takes to deliver exceptional service. Whether you are buying, selling, investing or renting, I am dedicated to helping you achieve your real estate goals.
- Let’s be real – buying or selling a home is stressful! My goal is to eliminate that stress and help you navigate the process with confidence every step of the way. By leveraging my extensive knowledge of the local real estate market and strong business background, I am committed to providing an exceptional level of service to ensure you maximize the value of your largest asset.
ACHIEVEMENTS & DESIGNATIONS
- National Association of Realtors®
- North Carolina Association of Realtors®
- Canopy Realtor® Association
- Certified Military Specialist
- Born in Charlotte, NC but grew up in Davidson, NC
- Graduated from Appalachian State University’s Walker College of Business with a Master of Science in Accounting
- Former CPA for 7+ years at KPMG LLP in the Chicago and Charlotte offices
- Humane Society of Charlotte, volunteer
- KPMG Network of Women – Charlotte Chapter, former executive board member
- The best part about being an agent at Cottingham Chalk is the overwhelming support from the other agents. I’m so proud to work for a company that values their relationships with each other as well as within the community.
- My husband and I love to try new restaurants in the area. In our attempt to keep up with the growing food scene in Charlotte, we created a list of restaurants we plan to try and love checking them off when we do.
- I appreciate how Charlotte is such a transplant city. Whenever I meet a new group of people, I’m usually one of the only Charlotte natives and that’s pretty cool. This city is truly a great place for anyone – each neighborhood is so unique and full of character.
- I’m a bookworm, but an old school bookworm! You can always find me with my face in a book, and I prefer a hardcover over an e-book any day.
- I enjoy traveling to new places, but there’s a special place in my heart for the Caribbean islands.
- Cottingham Chalk
- 6846 Carnegie Blvd.
- Charlotte, NC 28211
- Service Area:
Katie was highly recommended and referred by a family member and exceeded expectations. Through all the bumps in the road and hurdles presented, Katie was there to calm and reassure us that it was all part of the experience. She fought for us at every turn, and we never felt she wasn't in our corner. She was extremely knowledgeable and helped with all of our questions. I would 100 percent recommend her to anyone looking for a home in the Charlotte area. We were lucky to work with her!
Katie, was absolutely amazing! We were in process of relocating from California to Charlotte and we couldn’t have pulled off the move without Katie’s help! She was extremely attentive and accommodating and went above and beyond to find us and help land our dream home. We had an incredible experience working with Katie!
Katie was so professional and helpful! We were only considering getting our house listed “just in case”. She had everything done and ready to go, even knowing it might be some time before we were ready to list. She even brought over items to help us stage the home a little bit for the photos. A short while later, we were ready and it was essentially a matter of hours before the house was listed and under contract! The process was so easy and as the sellers we barely had to do anything.
Katie was exceptional to work with throughout the entire home buying process. She was excellent with communication and very diligent in making sure that we found our perfect home. We would absolutely recommend Katie to anyone who is interested in buying or selling a house!
Katie was wonderful and attentive. Any question I had was valid and she always got me an answer quickly. For a first time home buyer she made this process very easy and I can’t thank her enough!
Katie is a full-service real estate agent! When we found out our family was growing, we reached out to Katie because we knew we were going to need more space but were unsure of where to start in the buying and selling process. We searched for several months for the perfect home and when we finally found it, Katie performed extensive market research to give us the information we needed to make a competitive, but fair, offer that would ultimately be accepted. Within a week of being under contract [...]
Katie has been absolutely incredible and very helpful as my family has moved from California to North Carolina. She explained every detail of the moving process and guided us through buying our first home. She worked with our schedules to accomplish as much as we could in person and we were able to find a fantastic home with her daily eyes and ears on the ground. She has gone above and beyond to ensure that we find the perfect house for our needs. I can't recommend Katie enough and would gladly [...]
I cannot say enough about Katie’s passion and unparalleled ability to find the perfect home. As a new resident to Charlotte, I’m lucky to have found such a dedicated and knowledgeable agent. Given a short timeframe and a list of must haves, Katie wasted no time compiling a list of options that met my criteria and far exceeded my expectations for what I thought was possible. Moving to a new city is always a challenge, but Katie singlehandedly made the process a breeze. She truly did an amazing [...]
Katie is great! Her knowledge and attention to detail are unmatched. Her ability to solve problems and work with vendors during our closing was impressive and helpful. She provided numerous suggestions for professionals to provide services for us as new Charlotte residents. Katie gets an A plus - her service was outstanding!
As a mortgage loan officer, I have done several recent transactions with Katie. She is very knowledgeable in all areas of real estate. She is also an excellent communicator. From start to finish my transactions with her went smoothly. I highly recommend using Katie for all real estate needs whether it be buying or selling a home.
Hi there! How can we help you?
Contact us using the form below or give us a call.
Hi there! How can we help you?
Contact us using the form below or give us a call.