The Queen City
It isn’t hard to see why people are flocking to the Charlotte Metropolitan area every day. Charlotte, affectionately nicknamed the ‘Queen City’ in honor of its namesake, Queen Charlotte, appeals to just about everyone with its affordability, temperate climate, ideal location and a thriving urban core.
The largest city in both Carolinas, Charlotte is geographically located midway between the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Atlantic Ocean. A diverse city with a thriving urban community and plentiful charming suburban neighborhoods, it has also grown to become one of the country’s largest banking centers – second to only New York City – as the corporate headquarters of Bank of America and the East Coast headquarters of Wells Fargo.
According to the most recent U.S Census study, the Charlotte region sees, on average, 42 people moving here each day, and expects to add another 1.8 million people and 860,000 jobs by 2050, making it one of the top five fastest growing cities in the country. Thinking of moving to Charlotte, North Carolina? Learn more about how our relocation team can help!
- The largest city in North Carolina, 16th largest city in the country with nearly 900,000 residents
- Corporate HQ of Bank of America, Lowe’s and Duke Energy and Sonic Automotive, among others
- Home to the NFL Carolina Panthers, NBA Charlotte Hornets, Charlotte Knights baseball, Charlotte Checkers hockey team and the newest MLS expansion team, Charlotte FC
- Host city of the annual PGA Wells Fargo Tournament
- Home to the NASCAR Hall of Fame, Charlotte Motor Speedway and the U.S. National Whitewater Center
Discover Charlotte Neighborhoods
Charlotte is home to many neighborhoods, all unique in their own way. Search for homes in each neighborhood below and find the perfect one for you!
- Lake Norman
- Lake Wylie
- Madison Park
- Myers Park
- NoDa/Arts District
- Plaza Midwood
- Quail Hollow
- South End
For more information about relocating to the Charlotte area, please contact our Relocation Director, Suzanne Lail.